CiCARE is an innovative affordable bed recliner developed by Creativiti Council for bedridden patients.
This manual device can be operated by the patient himself while lying on. The product
can be used with any cot by simply placing over it without any fastening. As the device is
self-operated, the need of a bystander for supporting the patient to raise and lower the
body (for his/her activities of daily living) can be eliminated
CiCARE bed recliner can help people in all kinds of different solutions, such as:
- Enhancing self-reliance and self-esteem of bedridden patients (. stroke, paraplegia, age related frailties etc.) helping them sit up to eat, drink, read and watch TV.
- Comfortable and relaxing -Resting part is made up of cane webbing.
- Relieving back pain caused by bad posture or uncomfortable sleeping habits.
- Aiding recovery from injury or respiratory illness.
- Helping with conditions such as insomnia and poor blood circulation.
- The product is incubated with the support of TIMED (Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology-Thiruvananthapuram) under Nidhi Prayas, Department of Science and Technology – Government of India.
Item Dimensions 92 x 83 x 23 Centimeters LxWxH
“It is not just a backrest but a great innovation top promote self-reliance and self-esteem in a bed ridden patient”
-Dr Jose babu TJ (Medical Director, Alpha Pain and Palliative Care Society)
“Now I am confident and self-reliant, I can lift my body without the help of a care giver and can take food, water and medicine myself “
-Alice (bedridden patient)